Duble Sidekick reveals Girl's Day's "Something" was originally Hyorin's solo track


Article: Duble Sidekick, "Girl's Day's 'Something' was originally Hyorin's solo track"

Source: TV Report via Naver

1. [+1,863, -183] People call 'Something' the second 'Coming of Age Ceremony (Sunginshik)' but I think it's lacking to be called that. It's just got a bunch of high notes and the song itself falls short to be compared to 'Sunginshik'.

2. [+1,632, -208] I still can't understand how 'Something' got so big... Only half of the song is actually sung live on top of a 19+ rated stage.. Why did they force themselves to sing a song that they obviously can't handle? Ridiculous how the fans were shielding them saying the song had too many high notes for them to handle...

3. [+1,193, -19] If the song had actually went to Hyorin, I'm sure it would've been finalized with a different feel.

4. [+736, -102] As a fan of Minah's adlibs since "Nothing Lasts Forever", I was hoping for another song where she'd be able to show them off and was glad to hear this song do just that. I wonder why Hyorin threw this song out and chose that crab leg dance song... Either way, she did fine with the 'Stars' OST ㅋㅋ

5. [+194, -3] This song would've shined if Hyorin sang it with her vocal talent... The only reason Girl's Day got popular off of this song was for its performance.

6. [+171, -27] I remember thinking that 'Something' would've fit SISTAR more. Soyou's husky voice doing Sojin's intro part would've been good and instead of Minah squeezing out high notes, Hyorin could've effortlessly pulled it off. I guess I was right.

7. [+169, -32] The minute I heard the song, I thought SISTAR would do it more justice. I guess it really was Hyorin's song. I don't like Minah's vocals because all she does is scream.

8. [+140, -20] I do want to hear Hyorin's version now

-