Article: Jun Hyun Moo gets reprimanded during live radio "Don't tell kids to throw their dreams away"
Source: Mydaily via Nate
One mother who was listening to his radio show called in live with some words of wisdom: "I don't hate your broadcast but I don't like the way you put things.
You mentioned on broadcast that it's better to throw away dreams. I don't think that's right. It is your duty as a public figure to tell young kids that they need to have hopes and dreams whether they come true or not. That is your responsibility. When kids are already suffering from a gloomy outlook, you need to tell them to hold on to their dreams, not throw them away."
He said back, "I didn't mean for them to throw their dreams away but that maybe holding on to them might not be the best..."
She said, "Even if it's a dream that isn't meant to come true, they should hold on to it anyway. A dream is not solely meant to be achieved. A dream is something meant to be chased. That chase is what makes up life. How can a human being live for the sole purpose of achieving a goal? Having a dream in itself is something positive."
She also added, "And stop telling kids to get plastic surgery. You say that botox is good for this and that, but stop. It's not even an inexpensive procedure."
Jun Hyun Moo concluded, "I'll take your words to heart. Thank you for your words of advice. I'll say wise things in the future. I love you, mother."
1. [+1,546, -72] What an amazing mother. It's true that the process of chasing a dream is what makes up life. It's only a few words that she said but I feel like she's cleansed my soul ㅎㅎ
2. [+1,387, -168] Emotionally, I relate to the mother's words but I know that logically speaking, Jun Hyun Moo is right in that you shouldn't hold on to a dream that you know you can't achieve. Sometimes you need more bravery and strength to throw that dream away and find a new one.
3. [+1,032, -66] I agree with the mother... chasing a dream is what makes up life...
4. [+56, -12] They're both right... ideally, the mother is right.. but realistically, Jun Hyun Moo is right. Sometimes you need to look at life realistically and not so emotionally, though... And for that, I agree with Jun Hyun Moo more.
5. [+46, -18] The problem with what the mother said is that people end up screwing themselves over by chasing after a dream they can't achieve. Sometimes you need to pursue what you can do, not what you want to do.
6. [+40, -15] I vote for Jun Hyun Moo. I've seen too many people chase after a dream that is way beyond them and end up screwing themselves over for.