Jaejoong criticized for statement on one night stands at his concert

Article: Kim Jaejoong tells fans at concert, "Pre-marital pregnancies are a blessing, there are a ton of male fans here"

Source: Joongang Ilbo via Nate

A fan account of what Jaejoong said at his concert:

I deliberated a lot over whether to do this I've decided to criticize the idol I'm a fan of. I just got back from his concert and during the talking portion, he said this as a joke: "All of you who said boo are the ones with no boyfriends, right? Our country has a low birthrate these days... which means that nowadays, pre-marital pregnancies aren't a bad thing but a blessing. There seem to be a lot of decent male fans here so get their numbers and you know what to do, right? You know what I'm talking about? And this concert hall is near a college campus so there are a ton of (motels) out front." It was personally a moment where my image of him as my idol was shattered. A woman is not a tool for giving birth. Korea's low birthrate is not because of women. The solution to a low birthrate is not pregnancies through one night stands. All of these thoughts made me think that the money I spent on his concert ticket was a waste. It makes me think that if only I was more ignorant to feminist issues, then my fantasies of him would not have been shattered in such a way. However, he's an idol, and he should know the weight of his words to each of his fans. Even if it's a concert hall full of his own fans, his lack of caution with his words has come back as a wound to me.

-

1. [+367, -12] Did he seriously say that as a joke.... is he taking his fans as a joke...

2. [+293, -15] Is he crazy?... I seriously thought I read it wrong at first

3. [+253, -8] You should always be careful with what you say

4. [+67, -4] As expected from someone who is friends with Yoochun

5. [+58, -1] So what he's encouraging is for all the men and women who are at his concert to have a one night stand with each other and raise the birthrate up?

6. [+51, -1] How dare he say that to fans who paid expensive money for his tickets? So disrespectful tsk tsk

7. [+39, -2] Has he lost his mind since going to the army?? Did he forget what it means to be a functioning member of society after being in a male dominated unit for so long?

8. [+38, -1] I still remember how easily he pronounced all the swears he spat at his sasaeng fans. I'm not even surprised, just amazed that he still has fans.

9. [+24, -1] It's a joke that truly shows his colors

10. [+19, -1] The kids who still like him when his mindset is as shallow as this are just as hopeless

11. [+13, -1] So many issues with these JYJ kids...

12. [+10, -0] So he's basically telling his fans to have sex with each other to raise the birthrate?

13. [+9, -0] Disgusting, both him and Park Yoochun

14. [+8, -1] Oh, so the solution to a low birthrate is to have more one night stands? Is he f*cking insane?

15. [+8, -0] Absolute rocks for brains

-