[Instiz] Reddit post about foreigner's negative 3 month experience in Korea


Instiz: European who visited Korea claims "I hate everything about Korea"

Gasengi (a Korean site that translates English comments into Korean) translated this Reddit post along with its comments. I pulled reaction comments from Instiz (do a push up every time I say the word comments.............. fitness goals 2015!)

"I think he's right. The title of the post pissed me off at first but after reading his post, I agreed with it a lot."

"He's right but I don't think he should write off the entire country based off of that."

"You can't expect everyone to love Korea... There will obviously be people who don't like it just like there are people who do enjoy our culture. I have a friend who hated being Korean to the point where she changed her nationality to Japan."

"I agree wholeheartedly with a few of his points but he seems a bit extreme."

"Let's just say he didn't say anything wrong..."

"He's not wrong but he wrote it in a way that pisses me off."

"Overall, I agree with him. I think I'd feel the same way if I was a foreigner in Korea."

"I agree with a few of his points but a lot of what he said pisses me off. Most of his points sound like personal problems that he shouldn't have posted for the whole world to see and judge our country off of."

"There's nothing we can really retort here."

"I laughed at the title but after actually reading it... I don't know what to say."

"Agreed! But look at that anger in his post... you can definitely tell that he's got 50% of Korean blood in him."

"Man, if I was vacationing in another country, I'd try not to dwell on the negatives and try harder to search for other more beautiful things to see."

"It's sad because this isn't all there is to Korea but that's what we're being known for now."

"I think it's wrong of him to take this to such extremes but we as Koreans also need to realize that some of the stuff he points out shouldn't be brushed off as 'oh it's our culture' but things that we should work towards fixing. I know it's upsetting to hear someone talk bad about our country but we should also be embarrassed and try to fix it. I notice people commenting to not live here if you don't like it but it's a sentiment like that that drives people to suicide because they don't see a way out."

"I read the title and said well screw you too man~! but after reading it, I nodded my head at some of his points. After all, there is no squeaky clean country on the internet."

"He's right but why talk shit about our pop culture like that? What does he consider high class music then?"

-