"It's giving me cancer" as a common phrase in every day speech


Article: Cancer patients who have to listen to "It's giving me cancer", how do they feel?

Source: Oh My News via Naver

Article talks about how popular the sayings "it's giving me cancer" or "this is cancerous" have become and how it makes cancer patients or those with beloveds affected by it uncomfortable.

1. [+7,911, -434] Yeah, people really need to stop saying that something gives them cancer ㅜㅜ

2. [+6,666, -383] It really bothers me every time I hear it..

3. [+6,957, -332] I thought the same as well.. We should stop using it.

4. [+5,467, -290] We need to be more careful with our words

5. [+5,037, -280] Just think before you speak

6. [+680, -40] As someone who lost family to cancer, this should never be a saying that is used. Cancer is scary, I doubt the people using it in such a manner know that.

7. [+670, -54] Should be slapped if you say that in front of a cancer patient

8. [+625, -34] People will never know how serious something is unless they experience it for themselves

9. [+513, -25] We should always be more aware and considerate of the traumas of others. It's the same with people who joke about rape when there are sexual victims out there.

10. [+394, -15] "It's just a joke" should never be used as an excuse if someone finds something you said offensive. It's funny to you but it's hurtful to someone else. If someone finds it offensive, you stop.

-